


I have made an agreement with myself. I promise not to scrap in July at all! I think the best creative ideas that I have pop into my head when I know that I can't scrap.
I am taking off of work most of July to study for the bar exam. I cannot properly express how much I hate the bar exam. I have become very well acquaited with all aspects of this exam. I am an experienced taker! I was encourgaged by my supervisor to go for a different perspective and try the exam in a different state. So that is what I am doing. I work for the federal government and they do not care what state you are licensed in just so long as you are licensed. The down side of getting a new perspective is that I need to learn the state law. There are two parts to the exam: one is a 200 question Multi State Exam which is federal law, and day two is essay questions, most of which will be state law. So, I have been studying after work and listening to lectures on my MP3 player in the car on my way to and from work. I am very thankful to have a understanding supervisor who is allowing me to take all this time off. We are pretty busy at work right now, so it is a big sacrifice for them.
So, starting today, my little scrapping place is covered with bar review books. I went to a crop on Saturday and that is the last time I will pick up my ATG gun until after July 31.
I read a blog of person named Monique McLean. She is former owner of Scrap Etc, a LSS in Birmingham and she is the coordinator of the Scrap Etc events. She has completed nursing school and has to take her nursing exam. Now that she no longer owns the LSS, she will work as a nurse. She has two of the cutest little girls and she is studying. I don't know how she does it and I am motivated by her commitment. I have no children at home. Only my husband and four legged baby, George. It sometimes feels like I have children at home, but I can tell them to go away and they will.
I would appreciate all your prayers as I study. I really need to pass because, I turn 51 in two days and it is a fact that the older you get, the fewer functioning brain cells you have. I will forget all that learned in law school if I don't do this soon. I wish I had become a nurse! The exam is July 29 and 30. Pray for Monique too.
I will not give up blogging because I feel that it is theraputic for me. So, I will stay in touch this way.
I posted pictures of my work space completely covered in these perfectly awful books.
I am claiming this Bible verse as my strength for this long month ahead:
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:22-24
No comments:
Post a Comment