Monday, April 28, 2008

GRAND OLE OPRY: "Where Unforgettable Moments Happen Every Night"

Little Jimmy Dickens
"Whispering Bill" Anderson
Diamond Rio
John Conlee
We loved our visit to the Grand Ole Opry. We had third row from the stage seats! It was so much fun. I am not a country music person, but this was terrific. There were some names that I had heard, some performers had to be in their 80's. Some performers from the recent past, and some current performers. However, my favorite was a new group, The Avett Brothers. It was their first time to perform at the Opry. I think it means your music career is at the jumping off point when you get invited to perform at the Opry. They are what I believe is the new wave of country music. I think my kids would have liked this music. They had a cello player in their group!
I learned that the Tuesday and Friday performances at the Opry are actually radio broadcasts. The Saturday night performance is telecast live on a network somewhere. It was just a great experience. There was a radio broadcast going on 24/7 at the hotel. I have added some of the music from the performers and just some Tennessee music to my Playlist. It will make you tap your toe!
It was truly an unforgettable moment!

No comments: