Cascade fountains
The long hallway to our room. We were the second door from the end on the left!
Magnolia entrance
Magnolia entrance water falls
Cascades
Magnolia courtyard
Delta IslandThe hotel was fab! They have about 2800 rooms. Can you imagine the housekeeping for a hotel that large? It was a cross between Disney World and Vegas. I have never been to Vegas, but I have seen it on television. We stayed in the Magnolia wing. It was convenient for the Scrap Etc event. We first checked in and the room had two double beds. I did not want to spend my week of vacation sleeping in separate beds. I called the front desk and told them that, and they found us a "suite" with a king size bed. The "suite" was a large room with a love seat and a desk. The Magnolia wing was the only section of the hotel that had not been renovated.
The staff at this hotel was very friendly. If you needed directions to a location off site, they could give you directions. If you were turned around inside the hotel, they would literally walk you to your destination. Joe made fun of me the first few days because I kept on lost. I finally got my bearings.
On Saturday night there were high school proms in all the ballrooms in the hotel except for the ballroom we were in and there was a wedding in the other. There were hundreds for high school students in their finest clothes! I have to say that the Nashville area teens were very well behaved. I did not see any rivalry issues or fights, nor did I see any under age drinking. One school had as many parents taking pictures as there were prom particpants. Then, there were the teachers and their spouses. You could spot the teachers from their party dresses with the sensible shoes! As I was going to my room at about 10:30 that night, the proms were ending. I saw several students carrying their shoes and walking barefoot. Score one for sensible shoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment