A gourd house. My daddy would have loved this for sure! He would have been checking it out
to see how it was constructed and he would have
thumped all the gourds.
First of all, October 1 was our 10th anniversary. We took the day off from work and went to the Dallas Arboretum. We had been talking about going for years and never had made it over. There were over 40,000 pum
pkins and gourds on site. There was a pumpkin village that was the most perfect photo opportunity. There were preschoolers there with their moms and cameras. After the Arboretum, we had dinner at the Salt Grass and shared a slice of cheesecake. It was a fun day. There is a new scrapbooking studio that just opened near me. It is called The Little Blue House in Keller. It truly is a little blue house. My scrappy buddies and I met there last night for a crop. We had a room all to ourselves and we each had our own table. It was so fun. We laughed and laughed. We are planning to go back next month. There is a new scrappy buddy who just moved to town that we hope she can join us next time. Miss Tracy is the owner and she and Susan are the most creative people I know. It is a wonderful place. If you live in the mid-cities area you have to check it out.
The next October event is something I don't know if I am excited about or not. It is my 35th high school reunion on October 16. It is at the Uptown theater where I went regularly for the Saturday matinee shows when I was a child. It has been refurbished and has community theater, art shows and reunions. I am looking forward to seeing old friends but 35 years is really old!
Then October 22 -24 is our annual scrapbook retreat with my hometown church scrappy friends. I love this so much. We are going to a new retreat location this year. It is called Crossroads. It is so fun just to get away and create and enjoy the company of my lifelong friends. I am so blessed.
And finally on October 31 I am hoping two little goblins will come visit me. I invited Jordan and Brylan over for Halloween. Their parents were invited too! Jordan has been to our house for Halloween for the past three years. I don't know what his costume is this year but he will certainly be the cutest spook in the neighborhood. It will be Brylan's first Halloween. He will be smiling and happy in any costume. He is such a happy baby.
I hope you are feeling cooler temperatures and seeing the beauty of fall where you live. It is truly my favorite time of year. I think I will make a run to the garden center today for some mums and pansies. I can feel it in the air.
Happy Fall y'all!
Love,
Linda




No comments:
Post a Comment