Oil well at Capital steps.I participated in the swearing in ceremony today. I am officially an attorney. I have an official looking license that Joe has said about six times now that we have to get framed right away. I will frame it, but no, I have not decided on the colors and yes, I will look for a coupon to use.
The ceremony was very nice. We sat on the floor of the House of Representatives. We sat at the desks of the representatives. I was really tempted to look in the desk drawer, but I behaved myself and did not open the drawer or press the yea or nay buttons on the desk. The board of law examiners representative called our names individually and we had to stand. Then we all stood and took the oath of office. We also signed the roll and received our license. Joe sat in gallery with the other family members and took pictures. It was very nice.
The Oklahoma State Capital is a beautiful building. There is an oil well in front of the capital steps. Joe remembers when the well was actually working. There were beautiful paintings hung all over. My favorite was of Oklahoma City in 1889 a few days after the land grant. I took a picture with my cell phone and it is posted above. It is not as pretty as the actual painting. It had mules and dogs in it. There is a little tent that said attorney on it. You can't see it in my photo. But, what a great time in Oklahoma history. I need to see Far and Away again. There were little wooden stakes in the ground with numbers on it where someone had staked their land. It was an entire history lesson in one painting. If I had a wall to hang a 5 x 10 painting on, I would want this one.
Stand when name is called before the court.
Taking the oath of office. 
Group swearing in.
Signing the roll
The license
Linda and Tommy
Linda and Joe on capital steps

1 comment:
YOu go girl! Those are some great pictures. I am so proud of you!
Post a Comment