I was doing a little Labor Day shopping today and decided to stop in Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I waited until almost 2:00 and it was so crowded. I walk up to order the 3 strip meal and the server tells me they are giving away strips today. No wonder it was crowded. The deal was you were to wear a jersey from your favorite team and you could get free a three piece chicken strip.
I did not have a team jersey on. I don't have any jersey's or t-shirts either. I don't usually wear a t-shirt. It is not my best look. I just had a plain orange shirt on. But I still got the free strips.
My baby boy, Jamey, has decided after bouncing from college to college that he will try out for the football team at his current school - Louisiana College. It is a small Baptist college located in Pineville, Louisiana. Jamey is not a big fellow but he works hard on his muscles, he runs fast and he has a lot of heart. In high school he always extended his hand to help the opposing player he just ran over up off the ground. I just loved to see him do that. When Jamey was 7 or 8 he played football in the little league. The coach had them line up for drills before the game. I confess I was a hoovering mother and was standing right there while they did the drills. Jamey lined up across from the biggest boy on the team. This boy was so big they almost made him play with the next age group. I was a little concerned about this big boy and I told Jamey to keep his head down. The coach told them to go and Jamey shot off the line and buried his helmet in the big boy's numbers and lifted him off his feet and up in the air. I was simply amazed and the coach patted Jamey on the back and yelled "Atta baby". We were in Belle Chase, Louisiana and that is common thing for men there to say to their team members when they are proud of their performance. Jamey is currently in the bottom of the football heap at Louisiana College and is working hard on moving up in the ranks. He has gotten the coaches attention and I feel confident he will get to play.
The Louisiana College colors are orange and blue. One of my favorite color combinations. So, my orange shirts will be my team shirts. I will have to find out what the mascot is. I think it is a cougar or some cat type animal. My new favorite team is the Louisiana College cougars and as soon as Jamey gets assigned a number that will be my favorite number!
Atta baby Jamey!
No comments:
Post a Comment