On the first day of Valentinemy true love gave to me:
A dozen peach colored roses with purple bells
My true love gave to me :
A bag of Peanut M&M's Cupids Mix
On the third day of Valentines,My true love gave to me:
A lovely Hallmark greeting
that was very moving!
We have had a bad week at our house. We are trying to adjust to George not being around. We are getting used to no one standing at the door when we come in. We are looking in the local shelters for a new dog. We submitted our application to the local rescue. They wanted 3 references and were going to call our vet. We may get invited to attend the open house at the Dober haus next week. It is a little intimidating. Are we suitable parents?
The Joe pet decided that since I was having a bad week, I might need 3 Days of Valentines instead of one. He is my reward! On Thursday, I had a beautiful bouquet of peach colored roses and purple bells. On Friday, it was the Peanut M&M's Cupids mix. Oh, I could not stop eatting them, and then my stomach sent me a Valentine, telling me it does not appreciate the peanuts. Then on Saturday morning, I had a beautiful, sentimental Valentine. On Saturday night, we met our friends Harry and Ruth Ann at our favorite restaurant - Frescos. We always go out on Valentines with Harry and Ruth Ann. They have been married forever!
In a former life, Valentines was not happy. It was white knit pajamas with red hearts from Victoria's Secret and some nasty, cheap, heart-shaped box of chocolate that ruined it. It symbolized a failure for me.
God's grace is wonderful. He is a God of second chances. He knew the desires of my heart. God brought Joe into my life and Valentines has changed. I have a man who made Valentine's into a three day event. It is grace this side of eternity.
I am not saying I am running into Victoria's Secret to buy some foo foo pajamas. I don't even go into the mall. A catalog does come to my house. One of the girls must have ordered it. I will always hate cheap, heart-shaped chocolates.
I finished and mailed some Valentines for my friends that I had started earlier in the month. I just mailed my kids Valentines on Saturday. I am sorry Katie and Jamey to send late greetings. I hope you have a wonderful belated Valentine burger on me!
Second chances are the sweetest!
Valentines I made for my BFFs.
Oh, I did make a sweet one for Joe too.


2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about George. I am glad you have such a wonderful man in your life. I am off to facebook to find you! I am looking forward to Sat.
Oh my! too many Linda Baileys. Find me on facebook, sweetie! I would love to be your friend.
Post a Comment