
Jeremy reading toast!
Cousins Katie and JeremyI have a nephew, Jeremy, that is the light of our family. He is my oldest sister's son. He is patriarc of the cousin clan when they all gather. My kids and my sister's kids always looked forward to a great adventure with their cousin Jeremy. He never failed to live up to that adventure. I was so excited the day he was born. In the hospital nursery, Jeremy was the baby with the biggest bum. He had hip dysplasia and had to wear four diapers! My sister Betty and I took turns getting up with him the first few nights he was home. We were teenagers and did not know anything about taking care of babies, but we knew we loved this adorable boy.
When my nephew graduated from kindergarten, they sang this cute song about Joe, who worked in a button factory. I gave him a little white polo shirt for graduation. He looked so preppy and cute. Years later when he graduated from college, I gave him a white polo shirt, but this time he did not sing! He was still adorable. Last week he took his state boards for his counselor license and passed! He passed on the first try!! I am so proud of him. He is now an Intern and will do his 2000 hours of supervised counseling and then he will be fully certified. Jeremy has a heart to help others. He truly cares about people and wants to help them. The people we turn our heads and pretend not to see, Jeremy reaches out to and offers hope. How rare that is in today's world? The world is better place because Jeremy is out there among the masses.
A couple of weeks ago at my celebration party, he read a very moving toast to me. I just love that man. We are so blessed to have him our family. Polo shirts to you, booger!
No comments:
Post a Comment