Monday, August 11, 2008

12 days post bar exam

The Colcord Hotel
Reflecting pool at the Oklahoma City Memorial
Jesus wept.

It has been 12 days since I completed my attempt at the bar exam. I am beginning to feel my brain cells recovering from the extended stress and strain. I went to work on Thursday and Friday after the exam and then went to a conference in Orlando for four days. The conference was a wonderful time for me to unwind and I really did enjoy it. I was at work on Friday and today. I feel like I have lost control of what goes on in our office. I am very behind in managing our calendar. I have vowed to catch up this week.

I have little blurbs in my mind that I want to share and a few photos to go along. First some things about my stay in Oklahoma City.
Oklahoma City is a nice town. They have a very successful revitalized warehouse district called Brick Town that has restaurants and shops. Kudos to the city planner or developer who thought of that. My hotel where I stayed was built in 1909 and it was OKC's first skyscrapper. It was 12 stories tall. I visited the Oklahoma City Memorial. I can say that I had the same feeling I got when I visited the Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor. It is a very solemn, holy place. The memorial design is beautiful. Across the street is a statue of Jesus with his face in his hands - weaping. It is is just breath-taking.

On Monday night, my precious friends, the Arnolds, picked me up at the hotel and took me to dinner. They brought along their beautiful granddaughter Emma. She is an angel. I was able to see Katie and her boyfriend. The Arnolds have a place in my heart forever. I love TGASK & E. Thanks, for a wonderful meal and delightful evening. I had my camera phone out getting Katie to show me how to email the pictures and I did not take any pictures of them. The Arnolds are the kind of friends that you may not see but once a year, but it as if you were together the day before.

For my conference I traveled to the land of the mouse! Orlando. It was so muggy and humid. Texas had been having 100 + weather and Orlando was mid 90's, but the humidity was terrible. My face would turn red and my neck would sweat. It was like a bad Richard Simmons video. The water in Orlando has a sulphur taste and smell. I don't know if I could do the bad water and the humidity. The little girl who is missing, Kaylee somebody, is from Orlando and the local news stations were obsessed with every breathe the family took. I pray that little girl is safe with someone who will take care of her, but I don't think it looks good for that outcome. I learned a lot of good information at the conference. Orlando was a great place to visit but I would not want to live there.

Now, all my adventures are behind me. It is back to work and get everything back under control in the office. I am going on a scrapbooking retreat in September. I will look forward to that and hopefully it will distract me from thinking about the bar results. I have to move around all the study books and make room to get my scrapbooking things out again.

I attached a few pictures that I took with my camera phone from Oklahoma City. I will post a couple from Orlando later.
Linda


No comments: