My mother will have her 90th birthday in a couple of days. We will have a party with family and friends. My sisters and I went shopping today for the necessary party napkins, cups, forks, etc. All of my sisters will be there and most of her grandchildren. Some old friends who we have known for most of my life.
My mother was still driving until two years ago. As her vision began to fail, she decided it was time to give up driving and she moved to Texas to be close to three of her daughters. I took almost two years, but she has adjusted and made friends here in Texas. She still walks unassisted and has very few issues with mobility. She had a stomach virus last week and is still a little weak. We will have to get her strength back for the party. She still does all her own cooking and cleaning.
Statistics shows that the current generation is the first one that will not live as long as their parents. My mother get's her longevity from her mother. She has several first cousins who are her age or close to it. When you think about living to be 90 years old, it is a little overwhelming. I just want to survive this decade healthy. If I live to be 90 I want to be healthy. I will take my vitamins tonight and get my eight hours of sleep, and hope that I will not feel older than my 50 years tomorrow.
Happy 90th Birthday, Mamoo
No comments:
Post a Comment